> I like your simplicity and straightforwardness.

Thanks. ;p

> My code tends toward:
> switch($submit) {
>       case: "Accept":
>               .. insert record
>               break;
>       case: "Delete":
>               .. delete record
>               break;
>       case "Cancel":
>               .. cancel record changes and return to previous
> condition
>               break;
> }

If there is the possiblity of processing different functions, I do
this:

----------

  if( isset( $submit )) {
    errorChecking();

    if( $noErrors ) {
      switch( $function ) {
        case "insert":
          doDBInsert();
          $resultPage = "here";
          break;

        case "modify":
          doDBModify();
          $resultPage = "there";
          break;

        case "delete":
          doDBDelete();
          $resultPage = "over";
          break;

      }
      header( "location: $resultPage" );
      exit();

    } // end if( $noErrors )
    showErrors();

  } // end if( isset( $submit ))

  displayForm();

------

Just as before, but doing different things depending on
function.  That way, the code is still only run when the
form submits.  And still, if there are any errors, the same
code is run to (re)display the form.  And since all the POST
vars are passed through, the form elements poplulate them
selves with the data that the user previously entered so
the user loses nothing.

I rarely display results on the same page.  This allows
me to keep it a little more modular and if I ever need to
modify one, I don't have to worry about touching the
other.

Just out of principle, I like to keep as few ELSEs on a
page as possible.  Generally, if you look at the code,
you can streamline things alot just by getting rid of
some of the ELSE statements.