Hi Keven,

> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me if I can use php to accomplish
> the following:
>
> I would like to create a form that can:
>
> A. Total the sum of a certain number of numerical
> fields, Before the user clicks submit
>
> B. Automatically fill in sections of a form
> based on selections made by the user. As an example,
> if my user selects option A, then a certain numerical
> code is filled into a given section of the form.
>
> We are just trying to make the forms user friendly.
>
> Can I do this in php or will it require javascript as well?
>
> Thanks

You "could" do this by running the form through a script but I would
suggest you use JavaScript. There are loads of free scripts you can cut and
paste to your requirements on various websites such as
http://www.javascriptsource.com and http://www.javascripts.com. Have a root
about and see what you can find.

Regards, Ian.