Hi Pablo

Pablo Gosse wrote:

Hi Raditha.  Thanks very much for your reply.  I've not been having much
luck with this one.

welcome

This is how the images should appear: http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1.gif http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02.jpg

And here is how they appear after being uploaded:
http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1_uploaded.gif
http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02_uploaded.jpg

1.gif and 1_uploaded.gif differ by much as 4Kb in length! and the first difference occurs at byte number 1276. (I used cmp)

The results to me seem the same as if an image were FTPed in ascii mode instead of binary mode (or auto-detect which would ultimately set the mode to binary).

Though the output might look like that it's misleading because you are using HTTP post. Unfortunately PHP does not allow access to raw POST data, else this can be debugged by looking at that data. I will mail you (offlist) a small perl script that you can use to write out the POST to a temp file and may be help you get to the bottom of this.

I just downloaded the XVI32 hex editor, but what should I be looking for when I open the files and examine the contents?

Khexedit might be installed by default.

all the best

--
Raditha Dissanayake.