Something wrong is with your "uploader" program... look at this:

and Settin
gs\gossep\Desktop\ewimages\1.gif"

And if you look closer to the data in the file, you will see it has 2
GIF or something (GIF8 twice)... so yep, you have something really wrong
with your uploader.

El jue, 23-10-2003 a las 13:22, Pablo Gosse escribió:
> Hi Raditha.  Thanks very much for your reply.  I've not been having much
> luck with this one.
>
> This is how the images should appear:
> http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1.gif
> http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02.jpg
>
> And here is how they appear after being uploaded:
> http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1_uploaded.gif
> http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02_uploaded.jpg
>
> The results to me seem the same as if an image were FTPed in ascii mode
> instead of binary mode (or auto-detect which would ultimately set the
> mode to binary).
>
> I just downloaded the XVI32 hex editor, but what should I be looking for
> when I open the files and examine the contents?
>
> Some other particulars to this situation:
>
> I've tried uploading the same images through the demo site on the
> company from which we purchased our editor (www.devedit.com) and they
> upload fine, making me certain it's a system setting on my system
> causing the problem.
>
> My system is as follows:
>
> Dell Precision 340 Workstation
> RedHat 9.0
> Apache 2.0
> PHP 4.2.2
>
> Thanks with your help, Raditha.  Greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Pablo

Ricardo C. Fernández de C.
Fundabit - Min. de Educación, Cultura y Deporte.
Caracas/Venezuela