From: Raditha Dissanayake [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 10:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Images being uploaded in ASCII format

Hi Pablo

Pablo Gosse wrote:

>Hi Raditha.  Thanks very much for your reply.  I've not been having
much
>luck with this one.

welcome

>This is how the images should appear:
>http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1.gif
>http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02.jpg
>
>And here is how they appear after being uploaded:
>http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/1_uploaded.gif
>http://web.unbc.ca/~gossep/sample_images/nav-02_uploaded.jpg

1.gif and 1_uploaded.gif differ by much as 4Kb in length! and the first
difference occurs at byte number 1276. (I used cmp)

>The results to me seem the same as if an image were FTPed in ascii mode
>instead of binary mode (or auto-detect which would ultimately set the
>mode to binary).

Though the output might look like that it's misleading because you are
using HTTP post.  Unfortunately PHP does not allow access to raw POST
data, else this can be debugged by looking at that data. I will mail you

(offlist) a small perl script that you can use to write out the POST to
a temp file and may be help you get to the bottom of this.

>I just downloaded the XVI32 hex editor, but what should I be looking
for
>when I open the files and examine the contents?

Khexedit might be installed by default.

all the best

--
Raditha Dissanayake.