hi.

one of my clients whom we host a website for has expressed interest in
writing their own php/mySQL applications for their site.

i've been looking in to the security implications of offering this service.
My concerns are that the client *could* use a php script to access parts of
the file system, registry (this is a Win32 environment), or other such
things.

I found a good article at http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1706 - it
details some of the settings in the php config that can be used to prevent
malicious scripting.

Does anyone here have experience of securing a php server, and might have
any advice on what else to watch out for?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben