Ben Joyce wrote:

hi.

one of my clients whom we host a website for has expressed interest in
writing their own php/mySQL applications for their site.

i've been looking in to the security implications of offering this service.
My concerns are that the client *could* use a php script to access parts of
the file system, registry (this is a Win32 environment), or other such
things.

If you are really concerned about security you should not be in a shared hosting enviorenment. Seconly you may want to switch to a more secure operating system.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.