On 13-09-04 05:09 PM, Micky Hulse wrote:
Thank you so much for the quick and very informative/educational
replies Stephen and David, I really appreciate it! :)

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Stephen <stephe...@rogers.com> wrote:
This sounds simply like a library of functions that are implemented using
objects.
Instantiate your static variables in the library file. Again, so that only
happens once.
"functions implemented using objects" sounds like exactly what I want.
Just out of curiosity, and sorry in advance for my ignorance, but does
the code I posted fit that type of pattern? If not, what would I need
to modify and how would I call it?

Actually, I should probably spend some time Googling before I ask you
for more details. :D
Well, your code does not take advantage of the features of classes, but the syntax is correct.

Global, static variables are not consistent with the design concepts of OOP. But as a first step in moving from procedural code to OOP, which is learning the syntax, go for it.

--
Stephen