Hi Rodrigo, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Rodrigo Santos
<rodrigos.santo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, first, sorry for the bad English.

Not bad at all! Very clear and well written reply (heck, it's better
than my native English writing), so thank you! :)

> Yes, at least, as far as I know, this is the perfect way to do what you want
> to do. Think like this: when you instanciate a class, you are allocating
> memory. If you don't need any information stored, then you don't need to
> allocate memory, right? So, it's is logic to have a class that you will call
> only one fragment when you need it, rather than load the entire class just
> for one method.

Interesting! That makes a lot of sense.

Now you've piqued my interests! :)

I was going to head down a different path, but you've inspired me to
further explore the use of static methods/properties/variables/other.

A part of me just wants to learn more about PHP OOP, and using static
members is something I've not explored much. Seems like a simple
functional utility class would be a good time to play and learn more.
:D

> Just be careful to organize your utility methods by by meaning. Don't put a
> method that make dating stuff and a method that write a random string in the
> same class. By doing so, you are breaking the object orientation purpose.

Excellent tip! Thank you Rodrigo! I really appreciate the tips/advice
and inspiration. :)

Have a great afternoon!

Cheers,
Micky