On 13-09-05 02:27 PM, Micky Hulse wrote:
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Robert Cummings <rob...@interjinn.com> wrote:
I'll second Rodrigo's opinion, but would like to comment that the name of
the class is misleading since it's called "Singleton". The singleton pattern
is used when you only ever want one instantiation of a class. In your case
you are using static methods, the object never needs to be instantiated and
so it doesn't fit this pattern. What you are creating is far more consistent
with the utility pattern.

Ahhh, thanks so much for the clarification and details! That's very helpful.

I've updated my gist to reflect the pattern name:

<https://gist.github.com/mhulse/6441525>

Much appreciated. :)

Probably sufficient (and easier for typing) to just call it Utility since it follows the pattern but isn't the pattern itself :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.