In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joshua E Minnie) wrote:

> Does anybody know of any constants or predefined functions that will
> retrieve the calling functions name?  For example:
>
> <?
> function new_func($somedata) {
>   echo "I am function ".get_func_name();
> }
> ?>

What would be the point of this?  How could you call the function to get
the info without already having the info in the first place?  If calling
with a variable ("$foo();"), then you have the variable.  If the call is
hardcoded ("new_func();") then of course you know the name there too.
Perhaps if you explained what you're trying to accomplish...

--
CC