Instead of uploading to Mysql, why don't you store the file at a directory
and on Mysql only the path to it?

  Retrieving files from the hard drive is much faster than doing the same on
Mysql, and also access to manipulation (insert, update, delete, etc...)

--

Julio Nobrega.

Um dia eu chego lá:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toca