Dear Kirk (and Julio)

Thanks for the response..

I don't want to use a link to the images because backing up my data and
porting it to another machine is much easier. (Replicating is also very
easy.) When storing the file separately this gets more complex, especially
when you want to get this data from another machine...

The stored data isn't retrieved very often, so speed isn't really an issue.
(Till now speed really never was an isse. When adding the right indexes
MySql + PHP does incredible things!!.)

I do though use the suggested 'linking' method for an website where the
images are needed on the website.. In the current situation though I store
PDF images of invoices which are basically only needed to look something up
if there is a problem...

Kirk, I already tried changing the properties of the column in which I
store the images.. (Currently it is an longtext, but before this I always
used an Longblob...)

I can't remember the exact sizes of MySQL, but I believe that an Mediumblob
can handle 16 Megabyte..  (I know have little more than a 1 MB..)

I will try some things tomorrow, but I can't find out what the problem is..
(Column size, PHP-Mysql string length limitation or maybe something I am
overlooking..)

I can though echo the query to screen and see that the uploaded file is
encoded to a very nice (large) text-string..

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,
David Bouw