I'm using UNIX, not windows, so there is no php.ini in UNIX.

I only use the "./configure" command which is ....

-- snip --
./configure
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.26
--with-ibm-db2=/usr/lpp/db2_06_01
--with-openssl=../openssl-0.9.6d
--with-mcrypt=../../lib
--without-mysql
--with-config-file-path=/etc
--enable-track-vars
--with-curl=../../lib
--with-xml
--snip--

Then I went on to compile the PHP, then Apache, etc.

Since from recent post, there was some talk about register_globals.  I'm not
familiar with that so I will find out what that is, and what that is use
for.  If anyone know, can anyone tell me what it does?  Thanks.  Scott