On Wednesday 01 January 2003 19:24, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Tularis wrote:
> > I adives to make sure the browser doesn't cache it *at all*.
> > This can be done using (one, or more) of the following headers:
> >
> > // HTTP 1.1 compliant:
> > header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
> > header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
> > // HTTP 1.0 compliant:
> > header("Pragma: no-cache");
>
> I'll try this out and see what I get. Though I have read that not all
> browsers follow cache-control directives ...

The cache-control directives are only supposed to be followed if the page was
to be _explicitly_ reloaded or refreshed. The BACK button (as specified in
the standards rfc XXXX something or another) is NOT supposed to reload or
refresh a page -- it is supposed to redisplay the page from the cache. Buggy
browsers like NN, IE & Mozilla etc reloads the page. Well behaved browsers
like Opera redisplays from cache and hence your problem.

/*
It's important that people know what you stand for.
It's more important that they know what you won't stand for.
*/