Hello Duncan,

On 2023-10-17 4:43 p.m., Duncan Murdoch wrote:
Caution: External email.

Hello Simon,

On 2023-10-17 3:51 p.m., Simon Urbanek wrote:
Caution: External email.

John,

the short answer is it won't work (it defeats the purpose of vignettes).

Thank you for confirming that.

However, this sounds like a purely hypothetical question - CRAN policies allow long-running vignettes if they declared.

I assume that we'd declare the long-running vignette in our submission
note to CRAN. Maybe that's better than pre-building the HTML vignettes
in the package.

There's also the "BuildVignettes: false" field in DESCRIPTION, but its
use is discouraged, and I don't think it allows you to ask CRAN to build
some vignettes but not all.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. There are two vignettes, one of which is slow to build.

Given Simon's suggestion, we'll likely submit the package with a note about the long-running vignette, and if that proves problematic, we can use R.asp to pre-build the HTML vignettes.

Best,
 John

Duncan Murdoch

Best,