Hello Dirk,

Thank you (and Kevin and John) for addressing my questions.

No one directly answered my first question, however, which was whether the approach that I suggested would work. I guess that the implication is that it won't, but it would be nice to confirm that before I try something else, specifically using R.rsp.

Best,
 John

On 2023-10-17 4:02 a.m., Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
Caution: External email.

On 16 October 2023 at 10:42, Kevin R Coombes wrote:
| Produce a PDF file yourself, then use the "as.is" feature of the R.rsp
| package.

For completeness, that approach also works directly with Sweave. Described in
a blog post by Mark van der Loo in 2019, and used in a number of packages
including a few of mine.

That said, I also used the approach described by John Harrold and cached
results myself.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org