Dear Simon,

Thank you very much for your interest.
Here is the information.

I have downloaded R from CRAN: https://cloud.r-project.org/

sessionInfo()
R version 4.3.2 (2023-10-31)
Platform: aarch64-apple-darwin20 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

Matrix products: default
BLAS:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-arm64/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib

LAPACK:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.3-arm64/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib;
  LAPACK version 3.11.0

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

time zone: Europe/Madrid
tzcode source: internal

attached base packages:

[1] compiler_4.3.2

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep Model
      Model Name: MacBook Air
      Model Identifier: Mac14,2
      Model Number: Z161000GJY/A

And it happens to me the same as others who have written on the list about this
issue:
Using the default quartz() device and running the R’s help example of abline,
line by line, shows a blank device.
If the device window is resized, however, the expected result appears.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Ángeles

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]