I remember the Long Chainstay thread you are referring to. My response had
little to do with how dare you question, but simply a kind of amazement,
nay, awe, that you could ride your Clementine, hop off, and, "Ah, yes, not
bad. But the chainstays, they are 13mm too long. Take it away, please!" And
not only to have this refined discernment, but to also know that the bike
in question should be redesigned, because everyone else will feel the same
way about that extra 13mm. Because...why? I found the Clementine (mine was
a 52/med) to have a wonderful, wonderful ride, whether on the road or
climbing/descending Mt. Beacon. Perhaps what you are saying is I would have
found it to be wonderful, wonderful, wonderful if only those chainstays
were a wee bit shorter?