I own a Jones LWB, and a Clem, and I have to say the Jones rides better
pretty much everywhere.  It's MUCH more confidence inspiring off road--the
super long rake of the fork puts the front wheel way out in front of you,
and the plus tires are fabulous. But surprisingly, it's at least as fun as
the Clem on road. That extra rake gives it reasonably quick handling. The
Jones is surprisingly lively for a mountain bike with 3" tires. Hydraulic
disc brakes aren't so hard to work on (if they're Shimano), and are my
favorite brakes for feeling, power, modulation, and easy wheel removal. The
Jones is probably more comfortable than the Clem, though both score well
here. And it has every braze on I could reasonably ask for, except a
kickstand plate. The Clem wins there.

The Clem is a great bike, but if I had to keep one, it's the Jones, no
question.

Eric