My experience with SRAM hydraulic brakes is with the low end stuff. I'm happy
to be corrected if their higher end brakes are good. As for BB7s, I only had
trouble with one set, and I solved that by putting in new pads, and following
the setup instructions to the letter. No issues since.

I'm not anti rim brake, I just bought an Atlantis, and for what I'll use it
for, V-Brakes with Kool Stop Salmon pads are perfectly adequate. If I was in
the market for a GBW, I'd want discs.

Chris