Thanks Ryan in Winnipeg, I know you offer sage advice and that I should chat
with the shop one more time. I just can’t bring myself to do it a second time.
The owner is just SO nice, and they are slammed with work right now. I suppose
the thing that tips me over is that he wheeled my bike in and raved about what
a lovely thing it was for several minutes. The guy deals Giant, but he told me
he has referred several clients to Rivendell because the bikes are so superior.
He tells them the Rivendells will make you happy forever, and he’s right. I
can’t help but be a little won over, and I know that I am being ridiculous.
I’ll still go to his shop in the future but I’ll be checking every inch of the
bike when it comes back to me.

Thanks for your kind words and a nudge in the right direction (though I’m
mulishly going off the trails).

George and Andy: yes, my preference is to take flat and repairs classes with
other women. Much less intimidating when starting from ZERO wrenching
knowledge. Hoping there are true novices in the room who won’t roll their eyes
when I ask the most basic questions, ha.

Sent from my iPad