I have the LBB 700x38s on a Sam-ish bike and they do just fine for mixed /
gravel use. They are heavy, but can be run at low pressure for a dampened
ride. They are true to size and bigger than the undersized 700x38
GravelKing slicks I have on another bike.

My Platypus has 700x50 GravelKing SKs (true to size) and they do well on
pavement and have surprisng grip on dirt.

Panaracer is dropping the 700x43 size across the GravelKing line and going
to 700x45, but you can still find 700x43 SKs for the time being.

Another option to consider is American Classic 700x45s - there is a range
of tread styles so you could get a smoother rear and a knobbier front.

-Dave