Hi,

On 02/17/2019 11:58 AM, ni nhar wrote:
> On my samsung i9100 replicant phones repwifi is not stable and
> generally not
> usable. It will often disconnect. Also if battery is fully charged. I
> cannot say repwifi does not work at all.

this is a well-known issue with the i9100 [1].
It's not related to RepWifi, but rather to the phone itself that is
probably not capable of sustaining the relatively high current demand of
the supported external dongles.
Unfortunately, this is not something I can solve inside RepWifi. It
would *probably* be possible to fine-tune the current consumption by
modifying the atheros driver, but there is currently nobody working on that.

> I can browse websites. I cannot download files. Fdroid does not
> update. If it is about repwifi
> or settings I cannot tell. On 3g downloading files and updating fdroid
> works.

These were also well-known issues  ([2] and [3]), having F-Droid and
other apps not working properly with the connection established by RepWifi.
Both issues are solved in the latest version of RepWifi (currently
v0.9.2) [4].
Your version is probably outdated. You can upgrade following the
instructions at [5].

> If one of you would tell me how to install the phone's non free wifi
> driver please email me. I assure
> confidentiality.

More precisely, it is the non-free *firmware* that's missing [6][7]
REMINDER: If anybody is willing to help users installing non-free
software on their phone, *please do NOT do so on the official Replicant
channels*.

Cheers,

Fil