Thanks.
It worked. Fdroid downloaded more than 10 updates.
However browsers do not work.

----- Reply to message -----
Subject: Re: [Replicant] review repwifi
Date: 4 March 2019 at 23:31:09
From: Fil <fil.berg...@riseup.net>
To: <replicant@osuosl.org>

I finally got to reproduce your scenario..
I think it's indeed a problem in how F-droid stores app information..
It seems like repo synchronization actually takes place *only* when the local database and the remote one differ.
You could spend a whole day swiping down, pretending to be updating the repo, while in facts nothing happens, as long as local information is considered to be identical to the remote (unless you clear the local cache, as we will see in a while...)

So here's a rough guess about what actually happened: since you updated F-droid's repos when the old RepWifi was still installed, F-Droid flagged the other versions as "incompatible" in the local database; when you removed the old RepWifi, those other versions remained flagged as "incompatible". At this point, even if you try to update the repos, the local database won't be refreshed at all, as the local metadata about apps is considered to be already up-to-date, so nothing happens.

To solve this situation, you can erase F-droid's cached data and restart your phone:
> adb root
> adb shell
> rm -r /data/data/org.fdroid.fdroid/*

after a reboot, update F-droid's repos once again, and you should see the newest version of RepWifi, ready to be installed.

Please, let me know how it goes..

Cheers,

Fil

On 01/03/19 16:19, ni nhar wrote:
Thank you.

> Did you update F-Droid's repositories after
deleting the old version of
> RepWifi? You can update the repos by swiping
down in the app list.
> Also, you should try rebooting your phone. It
could be that some
> metadata about v.0.5 remain cached somehow
somewhere.

Powered off the phone
and restarted it.

Started fdroid and navigated the different menus.

fdroid -> settings

If include incompatible versions is off
and include anti feature apps is off
and unstable updates is off

then if I search for
repwifi
it returns repwifi 0.5 version grayed out and no
versions with compatible signature.

If include incompatible versions is on
and include anti feature apps is on
and unstable updates is on

then if searching for
repwifi
it returns repwifi 0.5 version grayed out and
under versions I get to select to update between
0.9.1 beta
or 0.9 beta or 0.6.2.
If I press update to 0.9.1 beta it returns this
message: The new version is signed with a different
key to the old one. To install the new version,
the old one must be uninstalled first.
Please do this and try again. (Note that
uninstalling will erase any internal data
stored by the app)