> I guess you mean you uninstalled RepWifi...

Correct

> Judging by the situation you described below,
something was not done
> properly, as the old RepWifi seems to be still
installed on your system.

I am not sure it is still installed on replicant.
Because in applications list
repwifi is gone. You cannot start repwifi.

Remarks.
settings -> developer tools
advanced reboot on
root access applications and adb on
android debugging on
debugging notify on
adb over network on

The commands you wrote in your email I had already
done cf this link in a previous email from you.
https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/14079#Installation-Troubleshooting

I ran the commands in your email several times.
$ adb root
adbd is already running as root
$ adb shell stop
$ adb shell
root@i9100:/ # mount -o remount,rw /system
root@i9100:/ # rm /system/app/RepWifi/RepWifi.apk
rm: /system/app/RepWifi/RepWifi.apk: No such file
or directory
1|root@i9100:/ # mount -o ro,remount /system
root@i9100:/ # exit
$ adb shell start

If in fdroid I search for repwifi it returns
a greyed out repwifi version 0.5
and no versions with compatible signature.

Should you not make a replicant image having no
repwifi? Then tell people after they have installed
replicant they shall turn on cellular networks and
install repwifi from fdroid.