Emil Ong schrieb am 11.05.2009 um 11:04:39 (-0700):
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 03:19:39PM +0200, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> > Emil Ong schrieb:
> > >
> > > The Eclipse update site isn't up just yet, but will be with the
> > > new release, due out this week or early next.
> >
> > Would this still be http://caucho.com/eclipse ? 404 at the moment.
> >
> > But I guess you still need some more time to recover from the 4.0
> > release effort. Thanks for all the work!
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the recovery time... :-)  Please give it a try now.

Hi Emil,

the plugin installs fine from http://caucho.com/eclipse on Eclipse 3.4
Java 1.6 on Windows XP. I get the following choices in the Resin folder
of the "New Server" menu:

* Resin 3.1
* Resin 3.1 (in place)
* Resin 4.0
* Resin 4.0 (hot deploy)
* Resin 4.0 (in place)

What's the difference between the three kinds?

I'm afraid that for the moment, I'm unsure how to enable any of those on
my Windows machine.

(1) I'm going to start with "Resin 4.0", picking port 8090.

In the top section of the "New Server" dialog, an error is flagged:

  Missing classpath entry \usr\share\resin\lib\resin.jar

The field "Resin Home" is prefilled with "/usr/share/resin", although
I've set RESIN_HOME to "C:\Resin", which contains my new Resin 4.0
installation.

Okay, I can explicitly select "C:/Resin", and now error message has
disappeared and the "Next" and "Finish" buttons have been activated.

The port I specified isn't honoured. Instead, the default port 8080 is
used. But Resin starts successfully. Now when I hit the stop button, an
error pops up, saying "Server Resin 4.0 at localhost failed to start"
(sic). But the server seems to have shutdown alright.

Again, "C:/Resin" for "Resin Home", but I'm getting an exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/caucho/boot/ResinBoot
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.caucho.boot.ResinBoot
Exception in thread "main"

(3) Next, "Resin 4.0 (in place), picking port 4092.

"C:/Resin", once more.

Getting an error, "failed to start".

Well, I guess my environment lacks some essential configuration. Maybe
you could shed some light on what precisely I'm missing?

Thanks,

Michael Ludwig