On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:24:19PM +0200, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> Yes, RESIN_HOME as an environment variable. That was just a guess.
>
> I find it odd to have the field prefilled with a UNIX path like
> /usr/share/resin on a Windows box.

Eclipse's WTP framework doesn't really allow for putting platform
dependent string in.  Without rewriting that part of the framework, we
have to choose some default for everybody.

> Now retesting on another machine, still Windows XP, JDK 1.6.11 and
> Eclipse 3.4. The update went fine again ...
>
> (1) "plain"
>
> 0003502: Eclipse plugin doesn't respect port - Mantis
> http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3502
>
> My choice of port still isn't honoured. The settings in conf/resin.xml
> are honoured. If this is the intention (why not?), then displaying
> configuration choices for the user to specify address and port are
> obviously misleading. An indication that resin.xml is used to configure
> the server would make more sense.

Yes, the bug has not yet been fixed, so I wouldn't expect it to work.

> I'm still seeing the same error message pop up on shutdown via the
> Eclipse server shutdown button: "failed to start" (sic).
>
> (2) "in place"
>
> A new error message :-) - "Reference to undefined variable
> resin.configuration.file". Won't start :-(

Can you start Eclipse with "-consoleLog" and send any additional
information for these?  I can't reproduce either.

Thanks,
Emil

Emil Ong
Chief Evangelist
Caucho Technology, Inc.
Tel. (858) 456-0300
mailto:e...@caucho.com
http://blog.caucho.com/

Caucho: Reliable Open Source
--> Resin: application server
--> Quercus: PHP in Java
--> Java CanDI: contexts and dependency injection