PHP include() resembles the JSP include directive
<%...@include file="foo.jsp" %>
which includes the referenced file assuming it contains source code that
should also be parsed/compiled together with the current script.
See http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

What you want is the PHP equivalent of <jsp:include /> which sends a
request to the file and includes the response into the response of the
current script (see
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/tags/11/syntaxref1112.html)
I don't know whether PHP supports such a feature out of the box, nor if
Quercus has implemented it.

</Mattias>