This Gentoo VM is ZFS and BIOS based. I have a pretty similar Gentoo VM that is
btrfs/UEFI-based. I am able to run rsync on it with no trouble, so I have just
switched to that. The cause for why rsync is bringing down sshd likely will
remain a mystery.

Thanks for your inputs.

On 6/3/23, 04:55, "Perry Hutchison" <pl...@agora.rdrop.com