This post concerns https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36492. The main
topic of that PR is matroids about which I know almost nothing, so I am not
the right person to review it. The structure of the PR perhaps opens up
broader questions. The author has some new code, along with a PDF
documenting it, and it is currently not designed to be incorporated into
the existing sage.matroids module, but as more of a standalone piece of
code.

- Should we have a "contrib" directory where we can easily include efforts
like this?
- Should this particular code be instead included in our thematic
tutorials? (If so, it needs someone to shepherd it through the process.)
- Or should this code be folded into the existing `sage.matroids` stuff?

--
John