Question for humans: I'm planning on merging this into sage so that
other developers can help grow it and it's not just me working on it. Would
it be better to first wait for any bugs that people might notice and then
add it into sage? Or should I just go ahead and start merging it in and any
bugs can be fixed while it's in sage itself?

 The review process is designed to catch bugs. Specifically, the reviewer
should try to make sure the code is bug-free. Part of this is done by
writing doctests. Of course, we cannot always be perfect about this, and we
can fix things later. I would just create the PR for adding the code into
Sage (assuming it is in the appropriate stage for this).

Best,
Travis