On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 1:28 PM Nathan Dunfield <nat...@dunfield.info> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 24, 2024 at 10:14:09 PM UTC-5 Matthias Koeppe wrote:
>
> Yes, native Windows would clearly be a very important target.
>

> As a data point, downloads of our stand-alone SnapPy app, which is about as
> high level pure math as it gets, are 60% higher for Windows than macOS.

That's not for native Windows, that's for WSL, right?

Essential components of sagelib such as GAP, Singular, don't run on
native Windows (on Cygwin, yes, but
we know by now, Cygwin is too flaky for Sage to work) and I don't
think anyone is keen on
doing the hard work to port it.

This puts native  Windows  support into the area of wishful thinking.

 Dima