On Feb 23, 3:31 am, ahmet alper parker <aapar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> If you need visual studio 2008, I have one, which is purchased by my
> university.

The Sage project has several MSVC 2008 Professional licenses donated
by Microsoft Research for the port, so we are good. The point William
was trying to make that if you do not have access some way to MSVC
2008 the free Express version should work. It is unclear it that will
work in the end (I think MPIR's VC project uses identical files in
different directories when using the optimized assembly code and that
was a problem for the Express edition at least half a year ago, but
Brian Gladman might have fixed the MPIR project) and there is no
elegant way to build 64 bit binaries with the Express edition either,
but since that is not here today or tomorrow theses are issues we will
deal with later.

> I think it would not be illegal to compile and distribute sage
> for you with it. But remember, i am not a lawyer...AAP

There is no restriction what you can do with compiled code produced by
MSVC. MS had to be stupid to make any such restriction :)

Cheers,

Michael