On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 7:24:58 PM UTC-8, Kolen Cheung wrote:

> I couldn't install sage on macOS Mojave, I'm guessing it isn't compatible
> with Mojave yet.

My message said that I had installed it on OS X 10.14.1, which is Mojave.
You need to have Xcode installed with the command line tools, or at least
the command line tools. Try searching the google group sage-devel for
information about installing with Mojave.

> Currently it's like this: on an ArchLinux machine, install sage through
> pacman, and install the sagemath kernel to my jupyterlab hub. And then
> through the jupyterlab-hub I remote it and use the sagemath kernel and
> typed the above commands.
>
> I'm guessing it requires some widgets to be installed in jupyter for them
> to work. Since I'm not using the Sage notebook interface but a
> Jupyterlab-hub instance that has the sagemath kernel installed.
>
> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-8, John H Palmieri wrote:
>>
>> This is on OS X? How did you install Sage? (It works for me with Sage
>> built from scratch on both OS X 10.13.6 and OS X 10.14.1.)
>>
>>   John
>>

>> On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:32:34 PM UTC-8, Kolen Cheung wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried both
>>>
>>> plot3d(sin(pi * sqrt(x**2 + y**2)) / sqrt(x**2 + y**2), (x, -5, 5), (y, -5,
>>> 5), viewer='threejs')
>>> p1 = sphere(color='red', opacity='.5')
>>> p2 = sphere((-1,-1,1), color='cyan', opacity='.3')
>>> p3 = sphere((1,-1,-1), color='yellow', opacity='.7')