If I am not wrong it works from a terminal and also if one uses either sage
-m jupyter or sage -n jupyterlab.
It is possible to use it directly from jupyter or jupyter lab if the
sagemath kernel is availabe to jupyter, e.g. at
/usr/local/share/jupyter/kernels or .local/share/jupyter/kernels, and the
nbextensions (jsmol,mathjax threejs) linked should not interfere your
jupyter installation..
It may be more complicated using jupyterhub; at least for threejs, if I am
not wrong something must be changed in order to look for the non-found
files in external places since jupyterhub is not able to find them locally.
At some point I was able to use it changing some sage files but I do not
know how to do it properly.