On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Smith, Randall <rsm...@qti.qualcomm.com>
wrote:

> "I'm still trying to figure out a graceful way..."

I may well just be missing something important, but would the following not
be simple, unclunky, and not highly error-prone?

1) Before your program closes:
    DROP TABLE scratchy-one;
    DROP TABLE scratchy-two;   -- etc.

2) When your program begins:
     DROP TABLE IF EXISTS scratchy-one;
     DROP TABLE IF EXISTS scratchy-two;   -- etc.  Just in case your
program was previously interrupted and didn't drop them.

And 1) is even optional!  (at least for debugging)

Also -- do the "big name" databases handle this much better, and if so, is
that feature used widely?   (I know that, for example, Postgres disallows
foreign keys on temporary tables for the same reasons sqlite does.)