On 5 Jan 2017, at 7:26pm, Smith, Randall <rsm...@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> I'm still trying to figure out a graceful way to implement a "scratch"
> database table that has the following properties:
>
>        o Can be created on demand while a database connection is open.
>        o Can include references to other material in the database to ensure
> integrity.
>        o Will be automatically deleted when the database is closed.

It’s not possible to combine the second and third requirements.  SQLite is
designed as a multi-process multi-user database.  It would not be possible for
one connection to figure out whether your temporary database should exist or
not.

> TEMPORARY tables can't do the second bullet, as I understand it.

Correct.

I suggest that you just use a conventional table in the same database, creating
it and deleting it when your program thinks it appropriate.

[later]

Yeah, what Donald Griggs wrote.

Simon.