I'm still trying to figure out a graceful way to implement a "scratch" database
table that has the following properties:

        o Can be created on demand while a database connection is open.
        o Can include references to other material in the database to ensure
integrity.
        o Will be automatically deleted when the database is closed.

TEMPORARY tables can't do the second bullet, as I understand it.

Right now I have application code that manages such tables, but it seems clunky
and error-prone.  Am I missing any SQLite feature that would let me do this
more easily?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Randall.