On 11/14/17, 10:32 PM, "sqlite-users on behalf of J Decker"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of d3c...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Initially I was interested in tcl/tk, and still am, but I'm not sure about
> the tcl/tk packaging that would be necessary to make use on multiple
> computers.

You can bundle a whole Tcl application in a single executable called a
“starkit” along with all the necessary packages and libraries exposed
internally as a virtual file system.

> Also, I don't know how network database connections would work out, would it
> be the same as web based stuff or more complicated, etc.

For sqlite you don’t generally make network database connections, it uses a
library model. For other databases there’s a number of conventional script
interfaces. DBI is popular for cross-database use:
https://core.tcl.tk/jenglish/gutter/packages/dbi.html and I’m currently
maintainer for the original PostgreSQL-Tcl interface
https://wiki.tcl-lang.org/13016 ...