Discourse has a mailing-list mode you can enable, which will send you all
posts (I presume, I never tried it)

The default setup sends you interesting new topics at an interval of your
choosing.

What I like very much about Discourse:

   - great engagement
   - easy following of only those topics that interest you
   - great way to have a live archive of posts
   - no spam. The JS hoops spammers have to jump through are a great
   deterrent so far.

I must say that I can't really remember a google search resulting in a post
on a Discourse forum. I wonder if it has bad googlability or if other
sources are deemed better by Google, or if Discourse is simply not very
popular.