On 11/21/17, 9:59 AM, "sqlite-users on behalf of Keith Medcalf"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of kmedc...@dessus.com>
wrote:
> If you run an RFC complaint MTA then there is really very little problem with
> SPAM at all -- I have many connections per second rejected for RFC
> non-compliance -- and get maybe 3 SPAM messages per day, all of which
> originate from the crappy Johhny-cum-lately freemail systems

So. taronga.com is a high profile spam target thanks to my using it for Usenet
posts for years. Like, at one point in the ‘90s I got so much spam that it blew
out my bandwidth limit and I got charged an overage, just for receiving
handshakes and dropping spam on the ground.

I tried being aggressively OCD about RFC compliance and found I was missing
mail I actually needed. Like, from lawyers and similar stuff that had real
world consequences.

So I went back to using a combination of multiple layers of filters and a
greylist front end. Oh, and blocking all of China and Argentina.

Still get a lot of spam that Apple Mail’s Bayesian filter takes care of. Mostly.

Still too many false positives. I switched to gmail for mail I actually really
needed to get. I was spending too much lifetime dealing with mail issues.