On 22 Oct 2018, at 5:32pm, someone wrote:

> I would vote for a major simplification

There's no point.  The point of the code a posted is that it is a direct copy
of the code of St. Benedict, the rules (allowing for translation from the
Latin) which have been accepted by Benedictine monks for 1300 years.  In that
time the rules were debated, by people of all religions and none, far more
cleverly and amusingly than I've seen in the past week on the internet.

If you're not going to accept those rules, in exactly the translation used, you
might as well pick something entirely different.

Simon.