On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM, vallur raghava reddy <
vallur.raghavare...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have few queries regarding the SQLite. I have listed them below please go
> through them and give your answers. Thanks
> Say if I am working on a DB with 3 tables with 100 records each and each
> records with some 5 fields of data.Each field is varchar(20)
>
>  1. What will be the Stack Size?

SQLite has been used in Windows device drivers, with a maximum stack frame
size of 4K and a practical upper bound on the stack size of 2K.  More space
than this might be needed depending on what SQL you run.

>  2. What will be the Heap Size?

Thre is a tradeoff between memory and speed.  The more heap space you give
the SQLite, the faster it will run.  You can run it in less than 100K or
200K of heap in the default configuration.  By tweaking the configuration,
you can probably run it in 50K or less of heap.  Most people are more
interested in making it run faster than in minimizing the heap memory
usage, and thus give it multiple megabytes to use.

There are features in SQLite that let you control the amount of heap memory
usage.  In particular, you can configure SQLite in such as way that you
hand it a single big chunk of heap memory at start time and it will never
use any memory other than that one chunk you give it.

>  3. What is the max no. of file pointers that will be used at a point of
>  time?

Depends on what you are doing.  There are at least 2 per database file.
Note that all your TEMP tables are stored in a separate database file.
Also, SQLite sometimes has to manifest a view and that manifestation is
stored in a separate database file.  3 file descriptors per database file
are required in WAL mode.

>  4. What is the max no. of Mutexes that will be used at a point of time?

5 + N + M where N is the number of open database connections and M is the
number of open database files.

>  5. Is there a tool to calculate these?
>
> Please bare my ignorance if any and answer these questions.
>
> Thanks Again,
>
> Raghava Reddy

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org