> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:01:55 -0700
> From: <tm...@spotlightmusic.com>
> Subject: [sqlite] SQL to SQLite
>
> What's the best way to Insert or Update records from a connected SQL
> database to the connected SQLite database?
>
> I don't mean just once, but to do every so often.
> Thanks.

> Thanks for your response.

> Programming language is definitely the way I want to go, and in fact I
> programmed a workaround, but I assume I took the long way around and that
> there's a more standard way to do it.

Hello,

   If the source database is different, or SQLite, than the destination
database, SQLite, can be done and I have been working on a bridge in Java
that will perform the transfer. It is functional, but needs further work
and testing.

Essentially:

Create an ArrayBlockingQueue, start a LoadThread and a InsertPrepareThread.
Define the ArrayBlockingQueue as objects of a relation row element. Have
the load thread fill the blocking queue then the insert prepare thread
consume the table row elements from the queue.

A single SQL query can be used to define the SQLite table then fill it
with the source database data. A type definitions conversion needs to
take place to correctly transfer db --> db data types.

I have defined these type info conversions for various database and
it is available as part of my MyJSQLView project. At this time the
db --> db code is a plugin for MyJSQLView and is not been released to
the public.

https://github.com/danap/myjsqlview/blob/master/src/com/dandymadeproductions/myjsqlview/datasource/TypesInfoCache.java

Dana Proctor
MyJSQLView Project Manager