In a way it already does… not to the mailing list but to the email address of
everyone registered on the forum. The key thing you can’t do is post via email.

My personal view is there never be a solution that will please everyone. But it
is Richard’s software and Richard’s game, and we have to take his word that the
web-based forum is better and give it a chance. That way we can focus on
solving SQLite-related problems instead of web/email/forum related problems.

Fwiw, I like the new forum because of the few key differences already mentioned
by Richard – editing, formatting, threading (and don’t like a few things –
readability, styling – but these can be tweaked). I know many don’t like it,
but that is how it is. I hope we can give the new forum a chance.