On 6/3/08, Christophe Leske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  i am new to this list,

Welcome. But you have hijacked an existing thread. That will decrease
your chances of getting folks to reply to you positively.

Tip: Start a new thread for a different query.

> can anyone point me to a good FAQ document on how
>  to improve the speed of a SQLite database?
>
>  I got a city database (a geographical database) that I need to query for
>  lat/long values, and importance of the city (class value).
>
>  For my smallest query, i am waiting several hundred milliseconds in a
>  database that is about 40Mb in size and that has indices on latitude and
>  longitude, as well as the class itself.
>
>  I have indexed the database, analyzed it (in order to get the stats
>  table), and vacuumed it.
>
>  Any other hint on how one can speed up the queries? I ahve set PRAGME
>  CACHE as well...

You might do well to provide info on your exact schema as well as your
exact query. Also, try the EXPLAIN command. Your query might not be
using your indexes at all.

--
Puneet Kishor