-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christophe Leske
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:58 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] transaction recovery question

Hi,

i am new to this list, can anyone point me to a good FAQ document on how

to improve the speed of a SQLite database?

I got a city database (a geographical database) that I need to query for

lat/long values, and importance of the city (class value).

For my smallest query, i am waiting several hundred milliseconds in a
database that is about 40Mb in size and that has indices on latitude and

longitude, as well as the class itself.

I have indexed the database, analyzed it (in order to get the stats
table), and vacuumed it.

Any other hint on how one can speed up the queries? I ahve set PRAGME
CACHE as well...

Thanks in advance,

--
Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31