> Admittedly, I was using galene.org

Full credit where credit is due: the congestion controller in the
downstream direction lives in the browser, so full credit to the folks
behind libwebrtc.  As to the upstream direction, we're using our homebrew
code, which is not very good.

We're currently using receiver-driven congestion control, which is
deprecated in WebRTC.  The plan is to switch to sender-driven congestion
control at some point (I'm no big fan, but that's what everyone is
implementing, and we better be compatible with the rest of the universe).
That will mean using Pion's congestion controller in the downstream
direction, and libwebrtc's one in the upstream.  And I'm told Pion's
congestion controller is not very good.

(I could in principle use receiver-driven for the downstream and
sender-driven for the upstream, thus using libwebrtc's excellent
controllers in both directions, but it really feels like a hack.  I'd
much rather not negociate receiver-driven at all.)

-- Juliusz