>         Session persistence across app servers would be an issue anyways if
> you put anything in the session would it not? So are you suggesting that if
> a project might migrate from single app server to multiple, then nothing
> should be in session scope? If atleast some objects are stored in session,
> then the solution that allows all app servers to access the same session
> should take care of everything.
>
> We haven't used multiple app servers and we are in the early stages of
> development on our project so I would really appreciate any feedback

Usually things are setup so that all requests belonging to a certain
session are redirected back to the same appserver. This is done through
the webserver forwarding module, which does some inspection of the
incoming requests to see which appserver to forward the request to.

If you really must have the session on all appservers, there are a
couple of strategies that involve having the appservers replicate the
session around. There are various ways of doing this, but it is usually
not needed.

-- Ian